Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Wrap-Up!

How is the first month of 2016 already over? I swear we were just singing Auld Lang Syne yesterday...

Alas, tomorrow is February 1, so here's my January recap:

What I Wrote

A majority of my writing time was devoted to editing PIECES OF YOU AND ME, coming from Entangled Teen Crush on March 14, 2016! I also got to see a mock-up of the cover...so pretty! Can't wait to share it with you!

I'm also working on my yet-to-be titled September 2016 (ish) release! It's another contemporary YA romance. I'm 40K words in and having so much fun writing it! I can't wait for you to meet Pierce and Lia.

What I Read
The award for best January book goes to THIS IS WHERE IT ENDS by Marieke Nijkamp. Painful? Yes. Heartbreaking? Yes. But also gripping and beautiful and completely unputdownable. Check it out on Goodreads here and Amazon here.

I also finally got around to reading INSURGENT and ALLEGIANT. I'd read DIVERGENT a long time ago, before the movie came out, but held off on reading the other two when I heard the furious reactions to the series ending. However, seeing the second movie reminded me how much I enjoy that story and those characters, and...I caved.

Somehow, I hadn't been officially spoiled regarding the ending of ALLEGIANT, but I had my suspicions, which ended up being correct. I'll just be over here hoping they change the ending of the movie...

Lastly, I beta read an amazing and beautiful manuscript by Julie C. Dao. It was the kind of story that left me thinking for days after I finished, so you know it's good! You can find Julie on Twitter or her website, and can read her MG, PUMPKIN PATCH PRINCESS, on Wattpad.

Other January Life Stuff
  • It was my birthday! I turned a prime number less than six squared. I'll let you guess which one.
  • Snowmaggedon happened. At my house, we got an inch or two of ice and snow. In true southern fashion, I was trapped at home for three full days. When I was able to return to work, the ice in our parking lot (on a hill) started melting, and parked cars slid into each other. Crazy:

  • I signed up for Audible! I do a lot of traveling for my day job, and listening to a book makes the time go by much faster! Currently I'm listening to FOUR by Veronica Roth. I got some great suggestions on Twitter, but if you have other recommendations, I'm all ears! (Get it? Audiobooks? Ears? Yeah, okay. Please leave recommendations in the comments!)
Hope your January was great! Enjoy February...all twenty-nine days of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment