1. TUIY is book 2 in the All Laced Up series, but you don't need to read All Laced Up before reading this one! It's a companion novel that follows Luke Jackson, one of the other hockey players from the first book, and can be read as a standalone. (But if you DID read ALU, yes, Pierce Miller and Lia Bailey do make appearances!)
2. The scene that was the most fun to write is a shirtless workout session turned make-out session. Enough said.
3. I did more research for this book than I have for any other! The reason? The main character, Malina Hall, is Hawaiian and also very into STEM. I researched Hawaiian foods and watched videos on weaving and learned more about astronomy and astrophysics than I thought I would ever know and enjoyed every second of it!
4. One of the characters' local hang outs was inspired by real life. The hang out is part coffee shop, part ice cream store, part whatever-the-owner-feels-like-making-it (Cereal bar! S'mores bar! Pancake bar!). It's called The Melting toP because it used to be called The Melting Pot before the fondue conglomerate made them change their name (which actually happened to one of my favorite coffee shops in Michigan!).
5. Malina's best friend, Izzy, was one of my favorite characters to write. She's not based on anyone in my life, but I wish she was because I'd want to hang out with her!
You can add Tied Up In You to your Goodreads TBR here.
You can request an ARC on NetGalley here.
You can pre-order it via Amazon here.
Now for the cover and summary!
Isn't it adorable? I mean, look how cute it is next to ALU! All the laces!
Everyone says hotshot goalie Luke Jackson is God’s gift to girls, but the only girl he wants is his best friend, Malina Hall. He’s always known how brilliant she is, but now that he’s “accidentally” kissed her, he can’t stop thinking about her...or wanting to kiss her again.
Problem is, things have been a little...awkward since the kiss. Because she likes him, too? Hopefully, but even if she did, their futures—and the ridiculous schedules that come with them—are in the way. And now one of his teammates is showing interest, and the guy has more in common with Malina than Jackson ever will.
As her best friend, Jackson should get out of the way. But if there’s one thing he’s learned from hockey, it’s that you have to go for what you want, even if it means falling flat on your face. And he’s definitely falling for Malina.
Disclaimer: This book contains a hot hockey player who goes after what he wants, a super-hot, super-distracting shirtless workout, and the kind of best friends to lovers romance every girl in the friend zone has dreamed of.
Can't wait for July 10! I hope you have as much fun reading it as I had writing it!